Print this page

About Us

Our History

Denali State Bank first opened its doors for business on February 3, 1986, with two goals: first, to serve the banking needs of the Golden Heart City with unbeatable customer service, and also to bring truly local banking back to the community.  The bank was founded by over 40 investors from Interior Alaska, and provides a full range of financial services.

 

The bank’s headquarters are located in a historical Fairbanks building, the “Old St. Joseph’s Hospital,” which holds a special place in the hearts of many, as it is still remembered as the birthplace of many Fairbanks residents.

The original hospital building was constructed in 1906 and, like the bank, was also financed by local citizens.  The building that exists today was constructed in 1951.  After the opening of the newer Fairbanks Memorial Hospital in 1973, the building was vacated.  Then, in 1985 the building underwent a complete renovation into a modern facility for the bank.

    
It has been noted that just as the St. Joseph’s hospital was known for being a place Fairbanksans could go to receive dedicated assistance—the bank, too—continues to retain its longstanding tradition of providing quality local service to the community. 
 

Denali State Bank has now expanded to 5 locations, including a branch in Tok.