Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Denali State Bank – Main Office
119 N. Cushman Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Our Commercial Lending Department is seeking an experienced Commercial Lending Officer to develop and manage commercial loan accounts within established lending requirements and which provide maximum profitability with a minimum of risk to the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a major such as finance, accounting or business administration. Significant banking experience may substitute for education at the discretion of management.
- A minimum of four to eight years of commercial lending experience required.
- Sales experience or demonstration of sales aptitude through other activities.
- Thorough understanding and proficient in the use of GAAP and associated terminology. Demonstrated mastery in the ability to analyze cash flows.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., though may need to work outside normal hours for bank events and customer calls.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business.
- Proven history of substantial community involvement.
- Serves on a board or chairs a committee for a local non-profit organization.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to assist in the training and development of all entry-level employees in the commercial loan department.
- Ability to work independently while remaining a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all staff, management and with particular emphasis on customers.
10. Ability to instill customer confidence.
11. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
12. Ability to interpret, discuss and offer guidance to customers regarding complex accounting measures and business financial concepts
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of items up to 40 pounds. May require standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Employment Applications may be obtained online at www.denalistatebank.com. Applications must be submitted in person or by fax or e-mail.
Member FDIC and Equal Opportunity Employer